Dr. Gill works with his team of dedicated clinical staff and assistants to ensure safe, high quality, expert care throughout the surgery process. Information regarding your pre-operative instructions and care can be found below. Please contact Amanda Bates at 781-251-3535 with any additional questions regarding your surgery and recovery that are not answered on this page.
When will I find out my surgery time?
- The surgery center or Amanda Bates will call you approximately 1 business day prior to your surgery to confirm a surgery time. Surgery center information can be found below:
- Phone: 617-243-6000
- Address: 2014 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02462
- Website: http://www.nwh.org/departments-and-services/orthopaedic-surgery/
- Phone: 781-251-3716
- Address: 40 Allied Dr, Dedham, MA 02026
- Website: www.nebh.org/dedham
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center:
- Phone: 617-779-6464
- Address: 736 Cambridge st, Brighton, MA 02135
- Website: http://www.semc.org/St-Elizabeths
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PRIOR TO MY SURGERY?
- - Schedule a post-operative appointment approximately 10-14 days after the surgery date for a follow-up and suture removal.
- - If you have been given a brace, sling, or other Durable Medical Equipment from our office prior to your surgery date please bring it with you on your day of surgery.
- - Plan for a family member or friend to drive you to and from the surgery center on your date of surgery.
- - Set up physical therapy for after the surgery. Intial physical therapy evaluations should be scheduled for approximately 5 days after the surgery. Please contact Sheryl Hassett at 781-251-3535 with any questions regarding post-op physical therapy.
What medications should i stop prior to surgery?
- - 7 days prior to surgery you should stop taking medications such as motrin, aleve, and advil.
- - Please consult primary care physician regarding prescribed medications.
- - Please contact Sheryl Hassett at 781-251-3535 with any additional questions regarding medications.
What do I need to do on the day of surgery?
- - DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the surgery.
- - Plan for someone to drive you to and from the surgery center.
- - Bring your photo ID, Insurance card, bracing, and MRI (if applicable) with you to the surgery.
- - Clean the surgery site thoroughly with soap or Hibiclens solution the night before the surgery.
- - In general, please plan on showing up an hour and a half prior to your scheduled surgery time.